TETRA GETS IN MEXICO METRO
Mexico City is the national capital of Mexico and has about 30 million inhabitants. Due to the large expansion that Mexico City and its metropolitan area has experienced in the past years, population mobility for daily activities has increased considerably and consumes quite a bit of time.
Also as the city has grown, the number of vehicles has become excessive, and it is necessary to seek other alternatives to reduce traffic congestion. In that sense, public transport is a real and sustainable option to offer greater passenger mobility. Among the main public transport media, we find LB and L12 of Mexico Metro, where TELTRONIC has supplied the communications systems.
CHALLENGE: SECURE AND CLEAR COMMUNICATIONS
The Mexico Metro system moves more than 2000 million passengers annually, who use the service as an alternative to private transportation. Looking at the chart evolution, it is probable that the use of public transport will continue to grow in the coming years. With this usage, the transport companies demand new communications systems that optimize their operations, improve the services offered to the passengers, etc.
Particularly, one of the existing problems in Metro was the lack of quality in communications which difficulted daily operation between operators and drivers. The challenge for TELTRONIC was based on, besides modernizing communications systems, improving the clarity of voice communications.
- Base stations that provide coverage to all the operational areas.
- Advanced on-board radio terminals to manage voice and data communications.
- Other radio terminals for pedestrian users and for local control centers.
- Control Center oriented for overall communication management for the transport environment.
- Positioning system consisting of beacons located along the lines and beacon readers installed aboard the trains.
CONCLUSIONS & BENEFITS
In order to facilitate mobility of the population, some lines of Mexico Metro have gradually migrated from analog radio systems to digital TETRA systems. In this process, Metro has trusted in the advantages provided by TELTRONIC solutions.
Through voice and data communications and the optimized GPS positioning system, Mexican operators can currently:
- Have continuous and clear communication with all staff
- Offer real-time information to passengers
- Manage in a more efficient way their human and material resources
- Have communication groups based on the work performed or on the specific location
These solutions have improved both the management by the transport system operators as well as the services offered to the public.