eNEBULA LTE Infrastructure
Evolved NEBULA, or eNEBULA is the commercial name of TELTRONIC mission-critical infrastructure, offering both TETRA and LTE radio access, in the same system deployment or separately, according to our customer needs, ensuring a seamless operation and management.
eNEBULA infrastructure for LTE mobile radio networks delivers excellent coverage, security and reliability in a platform designed for efficient implementation and cost-effective scalability.
The design and implementation of LTE infrastructure has been optimized for professional networks, delivering broadband services and value-added services under the premise of available and reliable communications.
Evolved Packet core, EPC, is the name of the core function for LTE communication network. It embeds several function modules like these ones:
- MME, Mobility Management Entity, responsible for location and mobility management of users between coverage cells.
- SGW, Serving Gateway, responsible for traffic routing between LTE base stations and PGW function.
- PGW, Packet Data Network Gateway, is the door towards external applications providing broadband LTE services like CCTV systems, VoIP services, IMS-based applications, etc.
- ENC, Evolved Node Controller, is the function that optimizes the functionality provided by LTE entities like HSS (Home Subscriber Server) for user provisioning, AuC function and PCRF (Policy Control Rules Function) for defining authorization policies and authentication procedures to access professional services, as well as managing user statistics in PMR networks.
All these core network functions, as well as communications among them, have been implemented according to 3GPP LTE standards.
TELTRONIC’S core system EPC enables a reliable IP communication between professional subscribers and critical applications offering:
- Seamless services for any kind of end user including hand-portables, mobile terminals or Control Centre operators.
- End-to-end Quality of Service (QoS) in service delivery.
- Security and data integrity.
- Seamless mobility and handover.
- Mission critical multimedia applications like broadcast video in uplink and downlink communication.
- Different deployment options including redundant and high-available configurations.
- Scalable and flexible solutions whatever required number of ENB, from small local PMR networks up to large national deployment organized in several regional areas.
Base stations are the responsable entities to provide broadband radio coverage to end user equipment (UE).
From TELTRONIC we can offer a portfolio of LTE base stations according to the quality and design standards to our existing TETRA portfolio. We can offer base stations with different mechanical form –factors to enable a quick deployment and provide flexible coverage areas.
LTE Mast Base Station (MBS) has been designed as a fully outdoor unit ready to be installed in mast, tower or on wall with minimum cost.
It integrates within a single box both base band unit and RF unit and it does not require any other additional element at the base of the tower or in a technical room.
It has different kind of connectors for interconnecting power supply input and backhaul network, and even it allows interconnection of several LTE MBS units for cell sectorization.
The LTE Portable Base Station (PBS) is a LTE base station base on the LTE MBS which can be quickly moved by a single person from one site to another in order to dynamically adapt the coverage areas or to increase the data transmission capacity in emergency situations.
The LTE Deployable Base Station (DBS) is a base station of reduced dimensions and easily transportable by a vehicle with the aim to provide quickly coverage and capacitity to specific areas in emergency situations.
It can host up to two MBS units and allow to combine LTE + LTE units, TETRA + LTE units or TETRA + TETRA units, according to the communication needs.
It is especially valuable in the event of natural disasters, making it possible to replace damaged communications infrastructure quickly or to provide service to affected areas in which no communications coverage is previously available.
The DBS installation cost is reduced because it is ready to operate outdoors under the harshest weather conditions and does not need a shelter.
NMS – Network Management System
TELTRONIC provides a NETWORK MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (NMS) to manage and operate its network infrastructure, whatever the radio technology provided LTE and/or TETRA.
Built upon a client-server architecture and based on FCAPS (Fault, Configuration, Accounting, Performance and Security) industry standard, it provides maintenance staff and network operators with an intuitive but powerful tool to configure, monitor and check the performance of all network components, including a unified subscriber management.
It can be configured for different access privileges, allowing separate technical and operational management. In multi-agency environments, the NMS enables agencies/users to share the network yet keeps each agency’s subscriber management isolated.
OBVR – On-board Video Recorder